Dear PEEM and NanoESCA users, dear interested colleagues!
You are cordially invited to attend our 9th FOCUS Workshop: Photoemission Microscopy, which will be held in person at the FOCUS GmbH factory in 65510 Hünstetten, Germany from June 21st to June 23rd, 2023.
The workshop is addressed to researchers who are interested in Photoemission Microscopy techniques and capabilities like Momentum Microscopy, Imaging Spectroscopy, Orbital Tomography and Imaging Spin Filter. Especially researchers who are working with instruments like the FOCUS PEEM or the NanoESCA will profit from an extended theoretical background, the presented working practices and stimulating discussions with other participants from the community.
We are happy to announce, that the workshop is supported by leading scientist in the field of Photoemission Microscopy who will present invited talks about complementary topics:
- Mike Ramsey (University of Graz, Austria): “Photoemission Orbital Tomography: A renaissance of UV photoemission”
- Olivier Renault (CEA-Leti, France): “NanoESCA in all its states: from 2D materials band structure imaging to chemical mapping of biological tissue”
- Martin Aeschlimann (Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany): “Ultrafast Spin and Electron Dynamics in Momentum Space and Time”
- Claus M. Schneider (Forschungszentrum Jülich, Germany): “A Route to Quantum Materials: From PEEM to Momentum Microscopy“
In the technical sessions by our in-house product specialists we will dive into the theoretical background of the instruments covering the topics:
- Basic Electron Optics of Photoemission Microscopes
- Energy-Filtering for Photoemission Electron Microscopes
- Imaging Spin Filter for Microscopy
In the practical sessions we will provide hands-on training with two instruments in our factory:
- PEEM: Electron Optics Optimization
- NanoESCA: Performing Micro-ARPES, from Real-Space to Momentum Space
This two days workshop (Wednesday lunch time to Friday lunch time) will include food and beverages all the time, a workshop dinner on Thursday evening and a poster session with beer and pretzels on Wednesday evening. The workshop is a great place to connect to other researchers in the field, therefore we invite all participants to present their work during the poster session.
The Early Bird Registration will be open until 30th of April with a workshop registration fee of 399,00 EUR (incl. VAT). (Standard Registration with a fee of 449,00 EUR will be open between May 1st and May 21st). For the optimal learning experience at our factory, we limit the number of participants to 24 participants. The participation confirmation will be on a first come first serve basis.
To get registered to the workshop, please complete and submit the registration form on our homepage:
We will contact you as soon as possible via e-mail.
We are looking forward to seeing you in June,
Your FOCUS Team